Quartier Latin is the students‘ quarter in Paris. The name „Quartier Latin“ dates back to the times when universities used to teach in Latin language. It is situated in the 5ième arrondissement, south of the Seine.
This area is stuffed with a couple of nice places to visit during a stay in Paris. One of them is Le Sweet Spot, a little café with a creative and colourful interior, delicious coffee and fantastic cakes, all of them being handmade. All of the things are also for take away, so if you are blessed with a sunny day in Paris, you can grab a coffee and a sweet and stroll down Rue Mouffetard.
At Quartier Latin you can see:
- Sorbonne University: one of the first universities in the world
- Panthéon: grave of famous french personalities
- Jardin du Luxemburg: beautiful parc between Quartier Latin and St. Germain-des-près
- Rue Mouffetard: one of the oldest streets of Paris
- Grand Mosque
- Botanical Garden
- The two Seine Islands: St. Louis and Cité with Notre Dame Cathedral
Right on the opposite site of the Seine, there is Marais, the hip and trendy quarter of Paris.